Causes, symptoms, treatments, prevention
VIRAL Conjunctivitis or EYE FLU is spreading throughout Gujarat rapidly and we have to protect ourselves from it and also control its spread.
TIPS TO PREVENT EYE FLU
– Wash your hands frequently.
– Do not touch or rub your eyes.
THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE EYE FLU
– SEE AN EYE SPECIALIST IMMEDIATELY TO START APPROPRIATE EYE DROPS.
DO NOT START EYE DROPS TAKEN WITHOUT Doctor’s PRESCRIPTIONFROM A CHEMIST as they may contain steroids and which can cause further problems.
– Wash your hands frequently throughout the day.
– Keep your towels, handkerchiefs, bedsheets separate to avoid any family member from getting infection.
– Avoid touching your eyes during conjunctivitis.
– Eye Flu does not spread by looking into someone’s eyes, but it’s a good idea to wear sunglasses to prevent touching your eyes and comfort from sun , dust etc.
– Discontinue contact lenses use immediately.
– Avoid swimming if you have Conjunctivitis.
– Excessive watering should be cleaned with tissue and tissues should be discarded.
– There should be no sharing of eye drops amongst family members.
– Avoid going to public places during conjunctivitis.
– Consult an Eye Specialist /Ophthalmologist if you have decrease in vision, discharge or increase in swelling while taking any medicine for conjunctivitis.